Clearing your browser's browsing history and data is a simple procedure that resolves some of the most common technical errors. We advise you to do this regularly to make the most of our site!
Below you will find instructions for deleting all browsing data, step by step, depending on the device and/or browser you are using.
If you use Google Chrome from PC
- Open Chrome on your computer
- Click More in the top right.
- Click History and then History.
- On the left, click Clear browsing data . A window appears.
- From the drop-down menu, select the history period to delete. To erase all data, select All .
- Check the boxes for the data you want to clear in Chrome, including the “Browsing history ” option
- Click Clear Data .
If you use Google Chrome from an Android phone/tablet
- Open the Chrome app on your Android phone or tablet.
- At the bottom, swipe up in the address bar. Tap History .
- If the address bar is at the top, tap More History .
- Tap Clear Browsing Data .
- Next to "Time Range," select the time period whose history you want to delete. To erase all data, tap All.
- Select "Browsing history". Uncheck any other data you don't want to delete. Tap Clear data .
If you use Safari (iPhone)
- Go to Settings > Safari and tap Clear History and Website Data .
If you use Mozilla Firefox
- Click the Library button, then click History and finally click Clear recent history.
- Click the Time range to clear drop-down menu to choose how much history to clear. Select "All history".
- Click Cancel Now.
- The Clear Recent History window will close, and the selected personal data will be cleared.
For any other information, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service!